Twin Falls Lawyer

Hablamos Español​

Grandparents’ Rights Attorney in Twin Falls

Defending Your Rights as a Grandparent

In the state of Idaho, grandparents have a legal right to seek visitation with their grandchildren. Court-ordered visitation rights may be requested at any time, including when the grandchild’s parents are separating, divorced, or after either parent’s death. These life-changing events can often result in one or both parents attempting to limit the amount of time you see your grandchild, in which case it’s important that you understand your legal options. At Roy, Nielson, Platts, McGee & Schoettger, our experienced Twin Falls grandparents’ rights attorneys can assist you with compassionate and skilled legal guidance. We understand complicated family laws and can assess your unique situation in order to find the best route forward.

Interested in learning how our Twin Falls grandparents’ rights attorneys can assist you? Call the firm at (208) 918-0142 for an initial consultation.

How Our Firm Can Help

Obtaining court-ordered visitation rights as a grandparent in Idaho requires that the grandparent proves that visitation is “in the best interests of the child.” This requirement can extend to the physical and mental health, wellbeing, and safety of a child, or can be a simple matter of proving an established relationship between you and your grandchild. Grandparents’ rights can also include seeking custody of grandchildren who are not being adequately or properly cared for by their parents.

No matter the reason you are pursuing grandparents’ rights, our firm is here to help. At Roy, Nielson, Platts, McGee & Schoettger, we can assist you with:

We offer compassionate, personalized legal help for those seeking to exercise grandparents’ rights in Twin Falls and the nearby areas. We have a combined 85+ years of experience in family law, giving us the necessary skills and resources to handle your case. We understand that fighting for your rights as a grandparent can be emotional and overwhelming—let us make the process easier for you.

To learn more about how our team can help you, contact our firm today at (208) 918-0142.

What Sets Our Twin Falls Law Firm Apart?

  • Attorneys Roy & Platt have the highest rating of AV Preeminent®.
  • Our firm was accepted to the prestigious Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers™.
  • We have handled an unparalleled amount of family law cases.
  • Our attorneys have 85+ years’ combined legal experience serving Idaho.

Contact Us Today

Our attorneys can help you face your current circumstances head-on and with as little anxiety as possible. Call (208) 918-0142 or use our contact form and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please select an option.
  • Please enter a message.