Trusted Child Custody Attorneys
We Can Help You Move Forward. Call (208) 918-0142 Today.
When it comes to legal matters that involve your children, you need to find a lawyer who provides respectful and compassionate counsel together with aggressive representation. Your future and that of your loved ones depend on the outcome of your case. At Roy, Nielson, Barini-García, Platts & McGee, we understand how personal and critical your child custody matter is and we will give our full attention and dedication to your case.
- Why Choose Our Child Custody Law Firm?
- Serving Idaho for 85+ Years Combined
- Top Peer Rating of AV Preeminent® Rating for Ethical Standards & Legal Ability (Since 1987)
- A Founding Attorney Who Speaks Spanish
- Compassionate Legal Support That Is Cost-Effective
Protecting the Best Interests of Your Children
Many parenting agreements can be decided between the two parents and presented to a judge to be approved and entered. When two parents cannot agree on custody, a family law judge must make the decision for them. Each party will argue his or her case before a judge who will then issue a child custody order, as well as a visitation order if only one parent is granted custody. A family law attorney from Roy, Nielson, Barini-García, Platts & McGee can help you present a strong case to prove that your child's interests are best served with you having custody.
- Factors involved in deciding custody include, but are not limited to:
- The wishes of the child's parent or parents as to his or her custody
- The wishes of the child as to his or her custodian
- The interaction and interrelationship of the child with his or her parent or parents and his or her siblings
- The child's adjustment to his or her home, school, and community
- The character and circumstances of all individuals involved
- The need to promote continuity and stability in the life of the child
- Domestic violence as defined in the Idaho Statutes
If you already have a court order for custody, visitation, or support, you may instead need to request a modification. Changes in circumstances could cause you to violate your court order unless you can have it modified by a judge.
Roy, Nielson, Barini-García, Platts & McGee strives to provide excellent representation in a cost-effective manner. We work tirelessly to handle your case efficiently so that we obtain the best possible results without putting an unnecessary dent in your budget. Our lawyers are personable and can assist you through your legal process, communicating extensively with you so that you understand what is being done to handle your case. Consult an attorney from our firm as soon as possible to learn more about how we can handle your child custody case.