Twin Falls Lawyer

Hablamos Español​

Twin Falls Property Division Lawyer

Defining Separate Property & Marital Property

In the state of Idaho, property can be one of two types of property: separate property or community property. Title 32, Chapter 9 of the Idaho Statutes provides specific laws and definitions regarding how property is to be classified. Idaho Statute § 32-903 states that any property is the sole property of either the husband or the wife if it was:

Sole property may not be divided or awarded to the other spouse in a divorce. Community property, on the other hand, is subject to property division. Idaho Statute § 32-906 states that all other property acquired after marriage by either the husband or wife is community property. In a divorce, community property is to be divided equally between the two spouses, but the concept of "equal" can be highly disputed. You need an experienced and aggressive Twin Falls lawyer by your side if you want to receive your fair share of marital property in a divorce.

Learn More from a Divorce Attorney in Twin Falls

Don't take chances when it comes to your assets and property. You should not have to lose what is rightfully yours when you and your spouse dissolve your marriage. Roy, Nielson, Platts, McGee & Schoettger has experience handling complex family law cases and litigation. Our legal team is more than capable of protecting what is yours. We have more than 85 years of combined experience and have two lawyers on our team who are Rated AV Preeminent® with Martindale-Hubbell®.

Contact us as soon as possible to learn how we can fight for fair property division in your divorce.

What Sets Our Twin Falls Law Firm Apart?

  • Attorneys Roy & Platt have the highest rating of AV Preeminent®.
  • Our firm was accepted to the prestigious Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers™.
  • We have handled an unparalleled amount of family law cases.
  • Our attorneys have 85+ years’ combined legal experience serving Idaho.

Contact Us Today

Our attorneys can help you face your current circumstances head-on and with as little anxiety as possible. Call (208) 918-0142 or use our contact form and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please select an option.
  • Please enter a message.